Overview of the work of HTMAThe Sponsor Group is made up from seven members of the Committee who are also individual Working Group sponsors. Its role is to oversee the activities of the Working Groups and any Task and Finish Groups, ensuring they are adequately resourced and that their objectives are aligned to the HTMA Essential Objectives. The Sponsor Group is also responsible for developing a membership strategy and providing consideration and formal response to policy and legislative consultations.
The seven Working Groups are aligned to the Essential Objectives of the association. Their membership is drawn from representatives of the member organisations and their remit includes sharing of knowledge and best practice, including developing best practice documents.
A few of the successful deliverables from Working Groups to date have included:
- Green Driving Booklet
- Sustainability Charter
- Guidance on Adaptation to Climate Change
- Sustainable Highways Maintenance Tool
- Water Toolkit
- Benchmarking to improve on: fuel use and CO2 emissions, People matters, Safety (accidents and near misses)
- Safety training DVD Breaking New Ground
- New price adjustment indices to reflect better ways of working and modern materials
- Winter Maintenance game for school-aged pupils
- Guidance on use of legal clauses in contracts
- TUPE template to assist the bidding process