Overview of the work of HTMAThe Executive Team is made up from members of the Committee who take on the role of executive owners of the Advisory Groups. Part of their role is to oversee the activities of the Advisory Groups and any Task and Finish Groups, ensuring they are adequately resourced and that their objectives are aligned to the HTMA Strategic Objectives.
The membership of the working groups is drawn from representatives of the member organisations and their remit includes sharing of knowledge and best practice, including developing best practice documents.
The group aims to promote a positive image for the association and industry, and develop strong relationships with stakeholders.
Technology & Network Management Advisory GroupThe Asset Management and Service Delivery working groups have combined to form the Technology & Network Management Advisory Group.
The group is aligned to the objective of developing improvements in the efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of the industry. Good authorities, applying sound, practicable and forward thinking asset management policies will stimulate private investment and attract Government attention for future stimulus investment. The group aims to support authorities in achieving this through providing guidance, shared knowledge and tools to be implemented into the ways of working.
Another focus for the group will be on the social economic benefits gained by efficient and effective road maintenance and development, and being recognised as the voice of industry to promote and influence clients’ standards and policies.
A few of the successful deliverables from Working Groups to date have included:Green Driving Booklet
- Sustainability Charter
- Guidance on Adaptation to Climate Change
- Sustainable Highways Maintenance Tool
- Water Toolkit
- Benchmarking to improve on: fuel use and CO2 emissions, People matters, Safety (accidents and near misses)
- Safety training DVD Breaking New Ground
- New price adjustment indices to reflect better ways of working and modern materials
- Winter Maintenance game for school-aged pupils
- Guidance on use of legal clauses in contracts
- TUPE template to assist the bidding process